Promotion of sexual and reproductive health and rights and nutrition for adolescent girls
Funded by Global Affairs Canada, this project aims to improve access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and nutrition services that are adapted to the needs of adolescents in Burkina Faso, and to create a supportive environment for adolescent SRH, including the recognition of their rights. To this end, the project provides training and technical assistance to public health providers in nearly 700 health centres in order to promote good practices in the delivery of SRH services that are adapted to the needs of adolescents and respectful of their rights. The project also contributes to the development and dissemination of communication strategies and tools within the Ministry of Health and other partners on family planning, nutrition, sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS. In addition, the project conducts advocacy with adolescents, teachers, parents, communities and policy makers. This project is implemented by Helen Keller International, in partnership with Marie Stopes Burkina Faso and Farm Radio International.
- Improve access to sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and nutrition services that are adapted to the needs of adolescents in Burkina Faso, and to create a supportive environment for adolescent SRH, including the recognition of their rights
- Improved quality of sexual and reproductive health services offered to adolescents in the health and social promotion centres of the health regions supported by the project
- Increased use of reproductive health services, especially family planning, nutrition and voluntary HIV testing by adolescents
- Creation of an environment conducive to sexual and reproductive health of adolescents, including recognition of their rights
3 years : 08/03/2018 - 30/09/2021
The project is conducted in various areas of Burkina Faso.
CAD 9.9 million
Helen Keller International
- Marie Stopes Burkina Faso
- Farm Radio International.
- Burkina Faso
- Demographic trends
- Governance & capacity-building
- Social affairs & social protection
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Pillar 1: Improve social protection for the most vulnerable communities and households in order to secure their livelihoods
- Pillar 2: Strengthen the nutrition of vulnerable households
- Pillar 4: Strengthen governance in food and nutrition security