Scaling her voice on air in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali and Senegal
Funded by Global Affairs Canada, the “ Scaling her voice on air” project targets vulnerable farmers, particularly women, in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali and Senegal, with the goal of achieving gender equality faster. Farm Radio International (FRI) aims to scale up interactive rural radio in 17 regions of Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal and Ghana, reaching 61 radio stations and engaging at least 70 stakeholder groups including farmer-based and women’s organisations. Project activities include: 1) providing relevant, timely and gender-responsive information on: effective, climate-smart agriculture; climate adaptation; gender-equality; and improved nutritional practices; 2) deepening knowledge exchanges between women, poor, and vulnerable small-scale farmers in rural areas to identify and address their respective needs using mobile tools; and 3) strengthening evidence-based decision at the community level and provide stakeholder groups with access to compiled outcome data on food-security, agriculture and gender-equality. It is expected that this project impacts up to 7.3 million small-scale farmers, including an estimated 2.3 million women small-scale farmers in the four targeted countries. Farm Radio International implements this project in partnership with FRI-Burkina Faso, FRI-Mali, FRI-Senegal, FRI-Ghana and CECI/Uniterra (Senegal).
- Scale up interactive rural radio in 17 regions of Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal and Ghana, reaching 61 radio stations and engaging at least 70 stakeholder groups including farmer-based and women’s organisations
- Increased use of interactive radio by radio stations and key stakeholders groups as a sustainable gender-responsive platform for quality information, communication and knowledge
- Increased application of good agriculture and nutrition practices by small-scale women, men and youth farmers using interactive radio
- Increased application of gender transformative practices by rural men, women and youth using interactive radio in relation to family food security.
4 years : 23/03/2018 - 30/09/2022
The project is conducted in rural areas of Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali and Senegal.
7.3 million small-scale farmers, including an estimated 2.3 million women small-scale farmers in the four targeted countries
CAD 4.9 million
- Radios rurales internationales
- RFI-Burkina Faso
- Burkina Faso
- Agriculture & value chains
- Climate, climate change & adaptation
- Employment & revenues
- Food security & zero hunger
- Vulnerable small-scale farmers
- Pillar 2: Strengthen the nutrition of vulnerable households
- Pillar 3: Sustainably improve agricultural and food productivity and the incomes of the most vulnerable households and improve access to food